As a university level Research COE (Centre of Excellence), i-knowmedia centre will serve as the University’s focal point for R&D and education in creative media arts, culture & heritage, knowledge management, and ubiquitous lifelong learning.
MMU & i-knowmedia COE Vision:
- To be a Top 100 University in Asia with Global Recognition by 2022
- To be a National level Research COE for innovation in the areas of creative content, multimedia, knowledge management and lifelong learning with National and Global Recognition.
UCOE in MMU R&D Management Structure:
Roles of UCOE:
- Main driver for priority research areas of the university
- Multi-discipline and/or inter-faculty research
- Substantial external funding
- Collaboration with top 500 universities
- Collaboration with industries
- Publication in high impact journals and international conferences
- Participation in international student/staff exchange
- Coaching faculty members in research matters, e.g. technical support, paper publication, proposal writing, etc.
- Postgraduate supervision, e.g. GRA, MyBrain
- Research related activities, e.g. workshop, seminar, conference
- IP creation
- Promoting UCOE, e.g. exhibition, awards
UCOE Linkage and Roles compared other Special Interest Groups (SIG) and research centres in the university:
Areas of research: