(R/214/6/0098) 06/19 (A10481)
This programme emphasizes the creation of new forms of communication art enabled by computing technologies. If you have an interest in computers, the internet, exploring digital media for creative expression, this department is for you.
Media Arts (MA) program offers an inter/multidisciplinary approach to media creation that fosters individual exploration, experimentation and creative technologies practice. The word ‘media’ relates to mediums of communication; while ‘art’ emphasizes the use of these mediums to create, express and challenge.
The course is conducted in an exciting environment where theories and practices can be challenged and ideas flow. MA foreground experimental media creation and the results emerge in interactive systems, websites, games, installations, galleries, performances and sometimes public spaces.
We strive to create socially and culturally relevant objects, experiences and spaces. Our graduates make significant contributions to the creative, cultural and multimedia industries.
Specialist / Programme Coordinator – Media Arts
Tel: 83125634 | Fax: 83125554
- Pass Foundation / Matriculation in related field from a recognised institution*
* Candidates from non-related field may be admitted subject to a rigorous internal assessment process; OR
- Pass STPM / A level or its equivalent with 3 Principals inclusive of one Information and Communications Technology (ICT) subject; OR
- Pass UEC with minimum of grade B in at least five (5) subjects inclusive of English; OR
- Pass Diploma in the related or relevant field from a recognised institution with minimum CGPA of 2.50**
**Candidates with CGPA below 2.50 but above 2.00 may be admitted subject to a rigorous internal assessment process.
- English Entry Requirement for International Students:
All programmes offered by Faculty of Creative Multimedia and Faculty of Cinematic Arts require a minimum score of 5.0 for IELTS or its equivalent.
- Creative technologist
- New media artist
- Event / Gallery curator
- DJ / VJ
- Multimedia designer
- New media innovators & media scientist
- Visual artist & designer
- Media engineer
MS. SUZY SULAIMAN
CEO, DAM Interactive
Suzy Sulaiman is a trained architect with a flair for historical and cultural research involving local communities. She has worked with many local institutions and non-government organizations like National Visual Art Gallery (NVAG), University Sains Malaysia (USM), University Putra Malaysia (UPM) and Arts-ED. Her works focuses on the convergence of community-building aspects through education, architecture and digital technology. She is also the managing director of DAM Interactive.
PROFESSOR DR. JOONSUNG YOON
Global School of Media, Soongsil University, Seoul, South Korea
Joonsung Yoon is a professor at the Global Scgool of Media at Soongsil University, Seoul, Korea. He received his PhD from New York University. Professor Yoon is doing interdisciplinary research in art and science.
- Badrolhisham Hashim (Programme Coordinator)
- Dr. Wong Chee Onn
- Dr. Lim Yan Peng (Forest)
- Dr. Hew Soon Hin
- Tengku Putri Norishah Tengku Shariman
- Tan Kong Cheng
- Dr. Tee Sim Hui
- Dr. Yonggeun Kim
- Tengku Sabri Tengku Ibrahim
- Yap Sau Bin