(R/213/6/0142) 04/19 (A9393)
We at the Virtual Reality Programme are committed to our goal of producing VR specialists who are proficient in creating real-time application with the objective of developing experiential design. In this multimedia age, we are all exposed to a multitude of communication modalities. It is therefore increasingly important for users to author their own experience and this is where designing experience comes to play.
It is about evoking the emotion of the user through a given space, form, context, content and senses. The user is not just merely passive but highly interacting with the environment and the experience is enhanced through immersive and non-immersive technology. From the commencement of their academic journey, the Delta students have been able to analyse situation and solve current issues by proposing projects ranging from virtual heritage, virtual manual, and virtual art to entertainment. Each project is created with a problem in mind; thus they are highly motivated to fully explore the issues and used the technology in hand to provide the best solution.
Within two semesters, they start from researching the subject matter and designing the world, interaction and interface. In the second stage, they began to create the 3d world and breathe life into it by putting colours, sound and avatar that will engage with the user.
Lecturer / Programme Coordinator – Virtual Reality
Tel: 83127565 | Fax: 83125554
- Pass Foundation / Matriculation in related field from a recognised institution*
* Candidates from non-related field may be admitted subject to a rigorous internal assessment process; OR
- Pass STPM / A level or its equivalent with 3 Principals inclusive of one Information and Communications Technology (ICT) subject; OR
- Pass UEC with minimum of grade B in at least five (5) subjects inclusive of English; OR
- Pass Diploma in the related or relevant field from a recognised institution with minimum CGPA of 2.50**
**Candidates with CGPA below 2.50 but above 2.00 may be admitted subject to a rigorous internal assessment process.
- English Entry Requirement for International Students:
All programmes offered by Faculty of Creative Multimedia and Faculty of Cinematic Arts require a minimum score of 5.0 for IELTS or its equivalent.
- Asset Modeller
- Texture and lighting artist
- Technical artist
- 3d visualizer
- Game developer
- Game level designer
- 3d Environment artist
- Simulation artist
- VR walk-through expert
- User experience designer
- Interaction designer
- System Analyst
- Project managers
MR. IVON SMITH
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR DR. YIYU CAI
Robotics & Design Cluster
School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering, Nanyang Technological University Singapore
- Siti Noraishah Musa(Programme Coordinator)
- Mazlan Mahadzir
- Erwin Abd Jabbar
- Faisal Athar Mohd Fadzil